Categories » Sales and Other Taxes » Sales / Other Taxes Q&A

Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Resources

Discussion Topics

• I am needing a list of all municipalities that are charging the additional municipal vehicle tax. Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.Thank YouTammy
    Last post by Tammy Holland - September 28
  • NCDOR is presenting the following workshops for county and city finance staff and property tax staff. Come and learn how your city or county interacts with the Department and about...  more
    Last post by Deane Irving - August 6
  • Good Morning All,

The Town of Canton is considering the establishment of a municipal Motor Vehicle Tax (somewhere between the $5 - $30 allowance) and I was curious if anyone...  more
  • Good afternoon,We have recently received occupancy tax from businesses like hotel.com and travelocity.com. The reports and payments came from a centralized office in Washington sta...  more
    Last post by Jennifer Durrett - April 24
  • Anybody have a municipal motor vehicle tax?  if so can you tell me how is working for you.thanksTim WhiteNewport
    Last post by Susan O'Brien - March 21
  • As we approach the annual Alcoholic Beverage Distribution, we are asking that if your municipality or county held an alcoholic beverage referendum since 4/1/2017, that you check th...  more
    Last post by Deane Irving - February 8
  • The Department of Revenue has posted a document in the warehouse portion of the NC Finance Connect Forum that shows the adjustments that were included in your most recent distribut...  more
    Last post by Deane Irving - December 21, 2017
  • The NC Department of Revenue has just launched a new website today.  Although the design is different, you should still be able to find the same information under the local go...  more
    Last post by Deane Irving - December 7, 2017
  • Over the past couple of years, has anyone re-created their privilege license ordinance to include beer and wine only?  If so, would you be willing to share?Thank you in advanc...  more
    Last post by Deleted Member - November 3, 2017
  • I am new in the Town of Mocksville and I was told to always fill out the this E-500J each QTR which is Machinery and Equipment Tax Returns. I have never had to do this in the past ...  more
    Last post by Rob Taylor - September 27, 2017
  • Do any counties who collect occupancy tax payments make it possible for hotel/motel owners to pay the monthly tax through the county website, either by credit card or ACH?  Ou...  more
    Last post by Jennifer Durrett - September 21, 2017
  • Contractor Sales Tax Certification.We are in the process of road construction, the contractor has supplied me with a certified sales tax report for the part of the project that has...  more
    Last post by Ann Stroud - August 21, 2017
  • Good Morning,I am looking for a contractor's sales tax certificate form. I have a new contractor who has never done one before and is asking me to supply the form.Thank you,John
    Last post by Lisa Garner - June 5, 2017
  • We are one of the 79 counties that is getting new funding as part of the sales tax expansion where the state set aside a pool for counties with lower retail wealth.  I am curi...  more
    Last post by Tony Helton - March 27, 2017
  • Looking for Municipalalties that have received special authority from the General Assembly to levy taxes on prepared food and drink within in your jursidiction pursuant to local le...  more
    Last post by Joanne Floyd - March 20, 2017
  • Anyone aware of an existing source for taxable real property broken out into categories of residential, commercial, and industrial property by municipality?  NC DOR has a repo...  more
    Last post by Deleted Member - February 7, 2017
  • As we approach the annual Alcoholic Beverage Distribution, we are asking that if your municipality or county held an alcoholic beverage referendum since 4/1/2016, that you check th...  more
    Last post by Deane Irving - February 1, 2017
  • How are other counties/municipalities calculating revenue projections if  implementing the Prepared Food Tax?  If county wide, which method is used for distribution? ...  more
    Last post by Mary Duncan - January 26, 2017