Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Publications

Related SOG Resources

Recent Documents

Audit Firms

• Accountant
    Has anyone recently done an RFP for an auditor for yearly municpal audit, as we are seeking ideas to best distribute our RFP. Is there a list with names and addresses/emails? Are there any professional organizations that we could advertise with to seek a large number of responses? Thank you!
      December 19, 2019 5:02 PM EST
  • Finance Officer
    We are also interested in an RFP for auditing services. If anyone has one they are willing to share, please contact me.

Thank you so much!
      December 20, 2019 9:00 AM EST
  • Finance Director
    Town of Garner
    1 26
    If you are looking for firms to send your RFP, I would start with the State Treasurer's Office speadsheet of audit fees paid.  It has the audit firm's name and location listed.  You can look to see which firms are doing work for similar sized units or other local govenments in your area.
      December 20, 2019 9:20 AM EST
  • Director of Finance and Personnel
    City of King
    4 77
    Our audit firm notified us yesterday that they are no longer doing governmental audits.  I know it's a good practice to send RFPs, but I've been asked if it a requirement?  We've always used the same firm so I'm not 100% sure of the answer.  Thanks!

January 15, 2020 7:51 AM EST
    • Jeffrey Moore
      Jeffrey Moore Susan - It is a good practice (and recommended) for you to go thru a RFP process, but "audit" is a professional service and is not required by NC law to be bid. You could request a couple of direct quotes. I would gauge your governing board to...  more
      January 15