Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Resources

Recent Documents

RECORDING ARP GRANT FUNDS

• Finance Director
    Town of Manteo
    Have other units determined how they are going to record ARP grant funds in this fiscal year?  How are you recognizing the grant funds without having determined how the funds will be spent?  Are you including revenue and expenditure line items in your 21-22 budgets?  Any suggestions, and ideas you are willing to share are greatly appreciated.  I shared with our Town Manager that I would record as I would any other grant as a prepaid grant in this year and record expenses as they are incurred against the prepaid and he asked me to post on the list serve to gather information about how other units are accounting for the ARP Grant Funds.   Thank you Shannon Twiddy 
      April 28, 2021 3:20 PM EDT
    • Crystal Certain
      Crystal Certain I am recording the funds in revenues and working reserve (expenditure) as a budget amendment in FY21. Once guidance is received and some decisions on how to spend the funds are made, we will do budget transfers at that time to appropriate the funds.

Als...  more
      May 4
  • Finance Director
    Town of Black Mountain
    I am also interested in this
      April 29, 2021 9:50 AM EDT
  • Town Clerk
    Town of Rose Hill
    I am interested as well.
      April 29, 2021 11:40 AM EDT
  • Finance Director
    Town of Maiden
    I would like as well.
      May 4, 2021 1:01 PM EDT
  • Finance Director
    Town of Morehead City
    2 9
    We did a resolution to create a Capital Reserve Fund and budgeted the amount there since a plan of expenditures has not been established and in anticipation of multiple years and different funds for expenditures.  The monies will be transferred to each fund or capital project (if infrastructure expenditure) once we have established a formal plan.

Jewel A Lasater

Finance Director

Town of Morehead City

May 14, 2021 11:07 AM EDT