Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Resources

Recent Documents

Software

• Finance Officer
    Town of Blowing Rock
    Who loves the software they are using for any/all of the following: AP, Payroll, GL, Budget, Utilites, Taxes, AR, Fixed Assets? We would love to be fully integrated and would really like to see a central posting system for all recevieables: Taxes, Utilities and all other miscellaneous receipts such as occupancy tax, budiling permit fees, donations, etc. We also would like to have something that accepts creditcards as a form of payment and has good reporting capabilities. Any good recomendations?? Or systems we should be sure to check out?

Thank you in advance for any advice you have!
      June 28, 2021 5:11 PM EDT
    • Alicia Massey
      Alicia Massey I would recommend checking out Edmunds. Great software, very user friendly and can process all of the functions listed in your post.
      June 29
  • Finance Director
    Town of Wallace
    I've used Tyler Incode which I really liked.  It does everything you are looking for and we found Tyler had good support for this product.  Good network of Towns using it in NC too.   Pricey, but very good system.  I've used Munis, which is Incodes' big brother.  Also good, but actually not as good as Incode and support was lacking.  It's designed for large municipalities and Counties so probably more than you want.  And I'm currently using FMS from Southern Software.  It works.  Not crazy about it.  Support is decent.  Not sure what the upfront costs are but annual renewal is pretty cheap.
      June 29, 2021 8:10 AM EDT
  • Town Clerk/Finance Officer
    Town of Mills River
    Mills River also uses Incode 10 and we love it.  The implementation was extensive and more complicated than necessary, but the product is fabulous and does everything we ask of it.  The fact that it is Excel based makes everything easy to manuever and reports easier to manipulate.  Every grid can be exported too.  Support has been fantastic and very responsive.  We are in our third year and are totally happy.
      June 29, 2021 9:14 AM EDT
  • Finance Director
    NA
    Good Morning,  We have recently gone through a software conversion.  We selected BS&A after an extensive RFP process that included GFOA Consulting.  Having gone through a couple of conversions this was by far the best one I have been involved with.  The support is incredible, and the conversion process is a major reason why we went with BS&A.  They are new to NC, but have been growing in the south at a rapid pace of the last few years.  Feel free to reach out to discuss our process and ask any specific questions you may have.
      June 29, 2021 9:32 AM EDT